Monday, February 19, 2018

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



Eric Petersen

My review of Holmes Entangled, a novel by Gordon McAlpine, has been published by the Internet Review of Books.

Mark Kline

My translation of Sara Blaedel's "Undertaker's Daughter" has been published by Grand Central. And a short story I translated, "When the Time Came" by Kaaberbol and Friis, is in an anthology published by Soho, "The Usual Santas."

I also translated two crime novels that came out in the past year as e-books, "Dark September" and "Under a Black Sky" by Inger Wolf, published by People's Press.

Lori Brody

A little late, but two pieces were published recently. "In Which We Drive the Transpeninsular Mexico 1" was published in jmww.

And, "When Amy Turned Wild", a collaboration with Katherine Gehan, was published in The Airgonaut's February issue.

Les Denham

My novel "Rescue" started a 'campaign' on Kindle Scout today. I wrote this story for NaNoWriMo in 2014, and over the following year subbed it on NOVELS-L. In middle and late 2016 I submitted the story to several publishers. I received polite rejections from two, and no answer from the others.

When I heard of Kindle Scout a few months ago, I decided to try that. I re-edited it very carefully, making a few minor changes (the largest one being a name change for one of the major characters), made a cover image, and composed the other bits and pieces needed. And now it's out there.


No comments: