Monday, November 20, 2017

Our Members' Publishing Successes



Eric Petersen

My review of The Genius Plague, a novel by David Walton, has been published by the Internet Review of Books.

Wayne Scheer

I haven't yahooed in a while because I'm lazy, but here are two acceptances for future publication:

My flash nonfiction essay, “A Quiet Man,” at Forge Literary Magazine.

A humorous flash, “Anonymous Man,” at Clever Magazine.

My story, "Watching Television," is up at Everyday Fiction.

My story, “Understanding Mama,” originally published in Fabula Argentea, has been selected for republication in their Fifth Anniversary Anthology, now available at Amazon.

I’ll yahoo again when the others appear.

Pamelyn Casto

I'm pleased to learn that I made a decent showing in a state poetry competition. I found out last night that I won a first place prize for my poem about my uncle and his love for playing his mandolin (titled Mandolin Breeze).

We recently talked (briefly) about J.D. Vance's Hillbilly Elegy and my winning poem is related to that time and place. I also won two second places, a third place, and seven of my other poems placed in the top ten of their categories.

My first place winner will appear in their yearly anthology which will also list my second and third place wins.

Theresa A. Cancro

My poem "Visceral" has been published on Stanzaic Stylings.

Three of my haiku (all new) have been published in the British haiku print journal Presence, Issue #59 (November 2017). Joanna Weston is also there.

Judith Kelly Quaempts

My poem, "Lull," is up at Ariel Chart.

Also my poem, "Somewhere a Bird Sings a Foreign Song” is up at the same place.


No comments: